Always Try

May 05, 2024

Recent EntriesHomeJoin Fast Running Blog Community!PredictorHealthy RecipesMaika's RacesFind BlogsMileage BoardTop Ten Excuses for Missing a RunTop Ten Training MistakesDiscussion ForumRace Reports Send A Private MessageWeek ViewMonth ViewYear View
JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
15% off for Fast Running Blog members at St. George Running Center!

Feb 14, 2012

Female

Goal Type:

Marathon Finish

Running Accomplishments:

• Ogden - 3:39
  • St. George - 3:22

• Boston - 4:30
  • Bryce Canyon 1/2 - 1:37

• St. George 1/2 - 1:34

• Salt Lake - 3:29

• St. George 1/2 - 1:25
  • OC Marathon - 2:56:16
  • TOU - 2:59:49

• OC Marathon - 3:00:50
  • TOU 1/2 - 1:22:28
  • TOU - 3:01
  • Spudman Triathlon - 2:17:05

• OC Marathon - 2:53:13

Short-Term Running Goals:

Summer marathon? Fall marathon?

Long-Term Running Goals:

Run until I can't anymore.

Personal:

Married to a LOTOJA Champ!

Click to donate
to Ukraine's Armed Forces
Miles:This week: 0.00 Month: 0.00 Year: 0.00
Easy MilesMarathon Pace MilesThreshold MilesVO2 Max MilesTotal Distance

10 miles with a sorry attempt at a 5k, so I am not making this a race report.

5k Fundraiser for Johnson & Draper Families. Heber City. Small event, went more for support than an actual race, which is how well I prepared all week for this. Didn't intend on racing because I thought it would be fun to run Kent and his buddies. We all know how that goes when you say you are just going to run for fun...

Didn't know the course, wasn't familiar with the area, so by mile 0.25 on the course I had already run about 0.55 miles. Played a bit of a game of catch-up after my wrong turn, or not-turn, (I did turn around to look at the two people behind me who signaled me to continue running straight when the course turned right; they realized it before I did...). Kent tried to yell at me apparently, but I didn't hear him. Caught back up to the front of the group, but the wind was a real bugger and stood all of us straight up/backward at one point and then the side-wind almost tangled up my feet (or I'm just a big clutz). I was lucky enough to get by everyone except for one. This was a sweet way for the race to end because the man who won is the father of the little girl who just got out of the hospital after a horrible accident that nearly took her life, and who the fundraiser was for.

Not so happy about my racing tactics or mind-set today. I had heavy legs and my mind was not willing to see past that. At the same time, I knew going into it that I did not prepare in any way for this to be a good race effort (except for skipping Rip60 last night after work).

pm: Rip60

Weight: 0.00Calories: 0.00
Comments
From runningafterbabies on Sat, May 26, 2012 at 22:27:17 from 71.195.219.247

I'm sure you wouldn't have had it any other way (letting the man win). Chalk it up to a fantastic workout with some excellent mileage. I enjoyed your psuedo race report though. Especially the part about you getting all tangled up by the wind. Brutal!

From AngieB on Sun, May 27, 2012 at 15:20:42 from 65.130.64.191

Hey I got tangled up in a tumble weed in a race once hahah and Im sure it was funny to watch so I tried laughing it off while running and Im sure that was even funnier. Great job Im sure you still were flying fast.

From Maika on Sun, May 27, 2012 at 21:39:42 from 67.137.244.158

Thanks for the nice words Ladies! The wind is the worst condition to run in for me, so frustrating! It's like those bad dreams where your legs feel like sand bags and you can't move when someone is chasing you!

Add Your Comment.
  • Keep it family-safe. No vulgar or profane language. To discourage anonymous comments of cowardly nature, your IP address will be logged and posted next to your comment.
  • Do not respond to another person's comment out of context. If he made the original comment on another page/blog entry, go to that entry and respond there.
  • If all you want to do is contact the blogger and your comment is not connected with this entry and has no relevance to others, send a private message instead.
Only registered users with public blogs are allowed to post comments. Log in with your username and password or create an account and set up a blog.
Debt Reduction Calculator
Featured Announcements
Lone Faithfuls
(need a comment):
Recent Comments: